As selected by Canadian Blog Award voters, here are the rankings for:
1. Calgary Grit with 168 votes (35.15%)
2. Small Dead Animals with 101 votes (21.13%)
3. Bond Papers with 83 votes (17.36%)
4. Nunc Scio with 75 votes (15.69%)
5. Molly’s Blog with 51 votes (10.67%)
Total votes: 478
Calgary Grit wins the best political category this year, as is not a great surprise, although I suspect that Kate’s 101 votes from her 20,000 daily readers likely means she didn’t advertise much that she was up for contention. Er, let’s not “go there”. Bond Papers comes up third, and Best Non-partisan blogger Graeme of Nunc Scio pulls in at a solid fourth place. Out of nowhere this year comes Molly’s Blog in fifth, which in and of itself is more impressive than the numbers show here since she and the other finalists beat out 56 other blogs (FIFTY-SIX!!). Congrats to the finalists, and perhaps this award will pacify Dan Arnold’s desire to usurp power in a shady coalition.