As selected by Canadian Blog Award voters, here are the rankings for:
1. The Joy of Sox with 318 votes (42.91%)
2. From The Rink with 207 votes (27.94%)
3. Beijing 2008: A Dual Perspective with 109 votes (14.71%)
4. Food Court Lunch with 55 votes (7.42%)
5. Out Of Left Field with 52 votes (7.02%)
Total votes: 741
This year’s winner won by a solid margin, but a very good showing with close to 750 votes in total for the entire category. Of 15 nominees, the above were considered the top 5 in Canadian sports blogging. Congratulations to the winners. Of interest, Cynthia Long finishes third after writing her blog based on the Chinese-Canadian experience. Cynthia is herself Chinese, but has adopted Canada as her second home, and she returned to China during the Olympics to document the unique perspective of having ties to both countries. Last year’s second place finalist now takes first, The Joy of Sox, while James Mirtle’s third place last year has translated to second place.